Our Registered Trademarks, properly used, help assure end-users that they are buying and using genuine licensed products, not counterfeit alternatives. We solicit your cooperation to follow the "Correct Trademark Usage Guide" which follows, to protect our trademarks, because they are valuable forms of REMINC intellectual property.
Our licensed products' trademarks are presently registered in 32 countries worldwide. We maintain these registrations in order that our license can use them in association with genuine TAPTITE® and REMFORM® fasteners. In addition, their authorized use is carefully monitored by us to prevent infringers from using any of our marks when selling counterfeit parts. For many reasons, it is important that our trademarks are displayed and used properly in marketing literature, websites, packaging and all other printed materials or electronic forms.
CORRECT TRADEMARK USAGE GUIDE
WHAT IS A TRADEMARK?
- "A trademark is any word or name, such as TAPTITE®, or any symbol, devise, slogan, package design or combination of these that identifies a product and distinguishes it from others."
IDENTIFYING REGISTERED TRADEMARKS
Registered trademarks should be indicated as such.
- Use letter R in a circle, ®, after the trademark
- - TAPTITE 2000®
- - PLASTITE® screws
- - POWERLOK® fasteners
WHEN OUR TRADEMARKS ARE USED, THEY SHOULD STAND OUT FROM THE SURROUNDING TEXT.
- Large type (preferably all capital letters or the first letter capitalized - TAPTITE® fasteners
- Quotation marks - "Taptite®" fasteners
- Contrasting coloring - TAPTITE® fasteners
- Distinctive lettering
- Use TM after non-registered trademarks - FASTITE® 2000™
- Use an asterisk (*) after the trademark and indicate that it is a REMINC trademark at the bottom of the page or end of the document. -KLEERTITE®*. Fasteners
- Proper notice should be given to others of the registration status of REMINC's. trademarks. Attribution should be given to REMINC, who has authorized your company to use its marks.
- When using one of REMINC's trademarks, attribution should be given to Research Engineering & Manufacturing Inc., by footnote, stating that the trademark(s) is "Licensed by Research Engineering & Manufacturing Inc."
IMPROPER TRADEMARK USE
- Pluralizing - TAPTITES (incorrect)
- Do not use as a noun or a verb, use as adjective
- Put a TAPTITE in that hole (incorrect)
- KLEERLOK the paint. out of the hole (incorrect)
- Not using distinctive type
- Plastite screws (incorrect)
- Do not use in possessive form
- Powerlok's holding ability (incorrect)
- Making new terms or words from a trademark
- Put a tribe in there! (incorrect)
- POWERLOK® it! (incorrect)
- Websites and Email should follow the same trademark usage guidelines previously given for written documents.
-For plain text, the asterisk rule or a TM or R in brackets will suffice
- TAPTITE <R> Fasteners
- KLEERTITE <TM> Fasteners
WHAT REMINC REQUIRES OF ITS LICENSEES
- Proper trademark use in all company correspondence, communication and. publications.
- Attribution given to REMINC when using a REMINC trademark
- Provide proof copies of all brochures to REMINC prior to printing
- Provide proof copies of all web pages featuring REMINC licensed products.
SELECTIVE TRADEMARKS LICENSED BY REMINC:
TAPTITE® PRO™, TAPTITE®, TYPE-TT®, DUO-TAPTITE®, COREFLEX®, PLASTITE®, POWERLOK®, TRILOBULAR™, KLEERTITE®, THE CONTROLLABLE PRODUCT®, ENGINEERED FASTENINGS®, REMFORM®, KLEERLOK®, EXTRUDE-TITE®, TAPTITE 2000®, TAPTITE 2K®, TYPE TT 2000®, TYPE TT 2K®